What is hand, foot, and mouth disease?
Your child may have hand, foot, and mouth disease, if your child has:
- Low grade fever between 100° F and 102° F
- Small, painful sores in his mouth
- Small water blisters or red spots on the palms of his hands and soles of the feet. You may also see these blisters on the webs between the fingers and toes.
- Five or fewer blisters on each hand or foot
- The blisters will appear as the fever is resolving, and may also be preceded by drooling and decreased appetite.